May 2014 Intergroup Meeting Minutes
Document type: minutes
1. A member of the Format Review sub-committee dropped out. Another member has agreed to take the place of the member who dropped out.
2. The Format Review team worked on pages three and four of the meeting format pages. These pages were distributed to the Intergroup members present to bring to their meetings. A member at the meeting volunteered to take pages three and four to other meetings besides the member's own. Also, the revised pages will be put up on the website.
3. No one has yet gone to Trinity for the CoDa literature that was left there.
4. Some of the NYC CoDa Meeting forms were returned and will be sent to CoDa National. The CoDa meeting forms will also be place on the website.
5. Some meetings have started "We Care" list. The optional list has questions on it such as:
a. How long have you been in the program?
b. Telephone Number
c. Would you like to be a sponsor? Etc.
6. The Chairman of Intergroup will be calling newcomers from the above-mentioned list to welcome them and answer any questions they have.
7. The checkbook has been passed on to the new Treasurer, Richard B. The signatories to the account are Treasurer Richard B. and the former Treasurer, Andy S.
8. The $50 donation made by the Wednesday 6:30 pm 12-Step Workshop meeting at the Community Church of New York was deposited. A donation of $43.50 was given by the Wednesday, 8 pm Meeting held at The Realization Center.
9. A motion was voted on to hold a special meeting / time for socializing and the motion passed for a meeting with three speakers at the Community Church of New York and then immediately following, a "field trip" for fun and socializing. The date has yet to be determined but Andy S. will be asking the Church about room availability on June 29th and July 13th. See below for more information on the motions voted on.
10. The next Intergroup meeting will be held at 6 pm on Thursday June 26th at the Community Church of New York. Please note the new starting time. 28 E. 35th Street.
Special Meeting and Picnic
The idea to socialize in Central Park and then have a meeting in the park was voted on.
Motion DID NOT PASS with the following votes
The idea of having a meeting at the Community with three speakers and immediately afterwards walking down to Madison Square Park for a brunch outdoors in the grass and socializing was successfully voted on.
Motion PASSED with the following votes
Content re-published with the permission of Co-Dependents Anonymous, Incorporated (www.coda.org).